Update Link: Signs of Life – Part 32
- Appreciate the patience over this last month or so. I’ve struggled with physical health for most of this school year and the last few weeks have been the worst.
- About two weeks ago, I started suffering from pain in my jaw, a new symptom in my struggle with TMJ. I’ve had TMJ since 2011, but I usually just suffered from migraines. It’s been under control for most of the last decade, but pandemic teaching and my problems with anxiety and stress have caused a resurgence.
- I’m pretty sure the neck issues and the whooshing in the ear are related.
- It’s been really hard to fall and stay asleep so my energy levels have been crashing.
- I’m making strides to resolve this. I’ve just had x-rays done to check my jaw and neck, and I just got a referral to go back to my TMJ doctor. I’m also seeing my hearing doctor again.
- I’m determined to get my physical health improved this summer. Last year, I worked on my mental health and despite the setbacks, I haven’t had any major anxiety attacks since last July.
- Since I’ve been delayed in my editing schedule for Mad World, I’m keeping the once a week schedule for June as well. I still might finish the edit by the end of the month, but I want to adjust expectations now.
- It’s really hard to sit at my computer for long stretches at a time, and when my neck and back are physically up to it, my jaw pain makes it hard to concentrate on writing.
- I haven’t touched anything since last Saturday, though I’ve wanted to.
- Flash Fiction will always be on Sundays, but until the end of the school year, I can’t promise it weekly. I really want to. I’m eager to get to the end of this story and move on.
- Did get some good news this week. My contract is being renewed to keep teaching French next year. I’m super excited to keep teaching this program and to work my kiddos again next year.
- While there are some aspects to the current subject I’m teaching that I don’t love, I do enjoy that I get to teach all three grade levels so I get to see a kid when they start at the school and watch them grow up and mature.
- Here’s hoping my current chaos demons find a way to channel that energy for good, lol.
- Posted Chapter 81 for Early Access.